Director David Fonjallaz
The man leads a simple, content life. Up until the day when he discovers a signpost at his local park which has the word ‘park’ written on it.
For the man this signpost marks the beginning of a growing alienation from his surroundings. Is it only through labeling and language that reality and its elements become real if something as known and familiar as a park needs to be labeled as a ‘park’?
A film about a man who creates fatal misunderstandings by desperately trying to avoid them.
Loosely based on Arthur Schnitzler’s short story ‘Ich’.
|Subtitles||English, French, German, Polish, Bulgarian, Turkish, Danish|
|Author||Kathrin Yvonne Bigler, David Fonjallaz|
|Director of Photography||Simon Huber|
|Editing||David Fonjallaz, Marcel Wyss|
|Stefan Suske, Grazia Pergoletti, Andri Schenardi, Henriette Cejpek, Milena Stupan, Noe Engel, Vinz Meyner, Dimitri Friedli|
- Solothurner Filmtage, Solothurn (CH), 01/2011
- Krakow Film Festival, Krakow (PL), 05/2011
- 2Annas, Riga (LV), 05/2011 [Jury Special Mention]
- In the Palace, Balchik (BG), 06/2011
- OFF, Odense (DK), 08/2011
- Istanbul International Short Film Festival, Istanbul (TR), 11/2011
- Open Cinema, St. Petersburg (RU), 07/2012
04/2011 Als Vorfilm von «Bouton» (Res Balzli, Moa Distribution)
09/2011 Als Vorfilm von «Das Album meiner Mutter» (Christian Iseli, RecTV)
With financial support of